7 top tips to help you tackle the spring cleaning
Whilst it’s hard not to feel extremely overwhelmed during these difficult times of uncertainty, it’s important to remember our homes are the one thing we have control over. A healthy home is a happy home and keeping it clean will help to keep it a calming place to be.
The coronavirus lockdown creates an opportunity to tackle your home and we’re here to help provide our Covid-19 spring cleaning top tips. Find your duster and turn up the radio, and get ready to feel revitalised.
- Get the whole family involved - Even the most unwilling helpers can make a big difference. It is important make everyone learn the importance of a clean home, particularly during these times. And don’t shy away from the family reward as an incentive!
- Make a checklist - form a plan of attack. Where to start? What needs the most work? Where do you usually avoid? This is the best place to start. Having a plan for the whole house and then each room will break the task down into bite sized manageable chunks!
- De-clutter - Decluttering makes you more efficient and keeps you organised. A disorganised home adds to your stress and being surrounded by a pile of unsorted laundry or cluttered desk space can really take its toll. Especially helpful right now when you’re balancing the office job with homeschool. So go and select the biggest, most cluttered area and clear it off, placing everything neatly away, or in the bin!
- Always Work from top to bottom – a basic principle is to start from the ceiling down. This will force mess and dust down and keep you from having to re-dust or re-clean as you go. Start by tackling the cobwebs and dust from your ceilings and fans first. Then dust your furniture and other bit before hoovering the mess created off your floors. This WILL save you time.
- Don’t forget about your air - replacing your MVHR & HRV filters is one of the most important and overlooked parts of your cleaning. Replacing your filters more regularly will help keep you healthier as you enter spring. The filters build up dust, and upgraded filters catch unwanted particles so they don’t enter your home. It’s an inexpensive way to make sure you and your family breathe clean, healthy air! Have a look at our Vent Axia filters or the popular Mrxbox95 filters for Nuaire MVHR systems.
- Do you have any allergies? Then protect yourself - Cleaning will unsettle dust on all of your furniture and fittings. Protective clothing will help guard against skin irritations and allergic reactions. It is always best to wear gloves and masks.
- Establish new cleaning habits - It feels satisfying once you’ve cleaned the house right?! Now is the time to establish a new on-going cleaning routine, and it will make the next summer, autumn, winter and then on to spring cleaning much easier. A simple 20-minute routine every few days can really make all the difference and keep your house tidy all year long.