The Airthings Wave Plus is the smart Indoor Air Quality monitor for:
- Air pressure
- TVOCs (Total Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Radon detection
Includes a free app (iOS/Android) and an online dashboard with advanced analytics.
We spend 90% of our time indoors. Measuring our Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is one of the most important steps we can take in preventing illness and increasing productivity, energy and good health. The Airthings Wave Plus is the first smart IAQ monitor with radon detection designed for homes and all populated spaces.
Gain full visibility into 6 sensors including the 3 most serious indoor air pollutants, as well as detailed views of temperature, air pressure, humidity and additional sensors for advanced analytics options.
The Airthings Wave App and online dashboard provide a quick and easy solution to view, compare and export data for your particular needs. Users have complete access to interpretations of IAQ data and tips to reduce indoor air hazards, optimize ventilation and save energy.
- Sensors: Radon, CO2, TVOC, Temp, Humidity & Air Pressure
- Visual indicator: Red/Yellow/Green glow ring
- Long battery life:
- Bluetooth: 16 months
- SmartLink (Hub): 18 months
- Future low power mode: TBD months
- Supports wall or ceiling mount
- Free mobile app for iOS and Android
- Web dashboard
- Mobile notifications
- Wireless connection (Bluetooth or Airthings SmartLink)
- Operational Environment: 4°C to 40°C
- Weight: 219g (with batteries)
- Dimensions: 12 cm (diameter) x 3.6 cm (height)
- Power: 2 AA batteries
- Connectivity: Bluetooth & Airthings SmartLink
- Air Quality Detector
- 2 AA batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Mounting screw
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
IAQ SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS INTEGRATIONS
- Sensor sampling interval: 5 minutes
- Sensor Resolution:
- Temperature ∓ 0.1°C
- Humidity ∓1%
- Pressure ∓0.15hPa
- Settling time:
- TVOC ~7 days
- CO2 ~7 days
- CO2 details:
- NDIR Sensor (Non-Dispersive Infra-Red):
- Measurement range 400–5000 ppm
- Non condensing 0 – 85%RH
- Optimum Accuracy ±30ppm ±3% within 15 – 35°C and 0 – 80%RH can be reached after multiple settling cycles on locations with natural indoor CO2 fluctuations
- Radon sampling: Passive diffusion chamber
- Detection method: Alpha spectrometry
- Measurement range: 0 – 9999 Bq/m3
- Accuracy/precision at 200 Bq/m3:
- After 7 days ~ 10 % After 2 months ~ 5 %
Airthings are fully endorsed by the British Lung Foundation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Shipping and Returns
We offer free standard shipping on all UK orders because we know shipping costs are annoying and stressful.
If your order is in stock it will be shipped and delivered within 3-5 working days. We will of course email you to confirm when it’s on its way.
All UK deliveries are sent using Royal Mail or through a courier service. Most filters fit through your letter box, unless you order several, so there will often be no need to collect from your local post depot.
We also offer Express Shipping in case you need your filters sooner. Your order will be posted within 1 working day and delivered to you within 2 working days. Please note that Express Shipping is at an extra cost of £4.99.
Shipping costs in Europe (excluding UK) are £9.99.
Please note that if you are ordering more than 10 filters at a time, there may be a lead time of 1-2 weeks before your order is dispatched. We will of course let you know.
To be eligible for a refund or exchange, your filters must be unused and in the same condition that you received them. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase to be included with your filters.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your filters. Please mail your return to:
12 Jacobin Lodge
Returns must be sent within 28 days of receiving your order otherwise we will be unable to offer an exchange or refund.
We will send you an email to notify you when we have received your return. We inspect your return within 3 working days and will confirm whether we are able to offer an exchange or refund.
For refunds, credit will be applied to your original method of payment within 10 working days from authorisation of your refund.
Why change your filters ?
What are MVHR HRV systems?
Airtight homes can become unhealthy places to live with stale air, foul smells, condensation and damp.
A Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery (MVHR) or Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) system is a ventilation system that removes polluted air in your home and replaces it with a supply of clean air. The system is usually located in your utility cupboard.
New homes equipped with these systems have a healthy indoor environment, provided the air filters are maintained and replaced regularly.
What are the benefits of MVHR HRV systems?
Fresh Air - MVHR HRV systems regulate airflow throughout your home, supplying new air and extracting old air in a low energy solution. Ventilation is balanced so you always get a consistent amount of fresh air. It works effectively in both winter and summer depending on the outdoor air temperature.
Energy Efficiency - MVHR HRV systems reduce the demand of heating a property by recovering heat that would otherwise be lost through traditional ventilation. They recover and reuse up to 95% of waste heat within the property and improve overall energy efficiency.
Health Benefits - they provide continuous year round ventilation which reduces mould and condensation issues. They also help to alleviate allergies and asthma through fresh filtered air. 80% of asthma cases can be put down to poor indoor air quality and toxins in the air.
Cleansing - they tackle unpleasant odours through fresh filtered air. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can be found in household products as well as building materials and furnishings, which can be detrimental to your health. MVHR HRV systems help to filter out these nasty compounds and keep the air in your home fresh.
What are filters and why should I change them?
All MVHR HRV systems contain disposable air filters, usually in pairs, which filter the airflow in and out of the system. These filters need to be cleaned and replaced regularly, typically every 6 to 12 months. See our FAQs section for more information on how to do this.
If you don't clean and replace your filters regularly:
- Your MVHR HRV system won't work properly and its amazing benefits won't be realised
- You may get a build up of dust, fungi and bacteria in your home
- Your system and home may become less energy efficient and you'll miss out on potential money savings
- Your MVHR HRV system will become louder and make more noise as it works harder to regulate airflow through blocked filters
- Ultimately your MVHR HRV system could fail, resulting in high servicing costs to get it fixed
Check out our FAQs page for more information on MVHR systems and filters.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch here. Our customer service team would love to help.